The BBPI Foundation funds will be administered by an independent Awards Committee made up of BBPI Alumni and dignitaries.
Financial awards of between £200 to £2000 may be made to assist young people of British Bangladeshi heritage from socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Applicants must meet the selection criteria and demonstrate talent, ambition and a clear proposal for how the funds will enhance their skills or career prospects.
Examples of activities which may be supported by the BBPI Foundation are:
- Set up costs for professional networks
- Subscriptions to journals or newspapers
- Worldwide travel undertaken in furtherance of education or career development
- The study of music or other arts
- Participation in a sport
- Any other activity or course connected to preparation for entry into any occupation, trade or profession
Each application will be assessed on the basis of the selection criteria, personal statement and interview if required. The Trustees aim to announce the first round of BBPI Foundation Scholars and award recipients in January 2017.